When You Use the Iron Intern Retraction System Everyone Benefits:
- Less risk of trauma through slippage. The Iron Intern locks in place and will not move.
- Less risk of wound trauma. The Iron intern remains steady and constant.
- Less risk of hematoma and other trauma from pressure on tissues, as the Iron Intern does not depend on tissue to hold its position.
- Suitable for fragile organs such as liver, pancreas and intestines.
- Often less time under anesthesia, since Iron Intern can shorten the procedures.
- Constant exposure even after many operating hours.
- Optimal access to the surgical site. No longer has to work around hands of the assistant.
- Reliable traction of exact tension desired- from a few grams to 12 kilos (26 1/2lbs).
- Total maneuverability of retractors through a full range of motion, thanks to a design that mimics the human arm.
- Greater control over results, as the surgeon positions adjusts a fixed the retractors.
- Hands are used for operating, not retraction.
- Not having to instruct an assistant in retractor placement can reduce procedures time.
- The ability to perform some procedures without assistants, when necessitated by major catastrophes or war. In normal circumstances, often only a single assistant is needed.
- Set up and repositioning is quick and easy. Totally independent, the Iron Intern does not require frames or holders. The simple clamp holding loosened to reposition the retractor.
- A single wing nut fixes the arm in the position wanted.
- Greater control over results, as the surgeon positions, adjusts and fixes the retractors.
- Hands are free to assist surgeon.
- Since not needed for retraction, staff can concentrate on other important tasks.
- Clean up is quick and simple. The Iron Intern can be autoclaved as one unit.
- Medical Students learn better, since attention is not divided between retraction duties and observation.
- Fewer scrubbed staff means lower cost in terms of disposable gowns, masks, gloves, booties.
- Better staff utilization has enabled some institutions to open additional operating theaters.
CWI's marketing area for OR Specific products is restricted to CT, MA, ME, NH, RI and VT.